Sunday, June 15, 2008

Coincidence

--talk about it.  I am reading Night Train to Lisbon by Pascal Mercier.  It is a novel that involves a lot of reflection on the life one has settled in.  As I was reading through, I realized that the story was similar to the certainty principle elaborated in Mark Tully's book I've written about below.  


Raimund Gregorius, a professor of classical languages has been living a mundane routine life till the moment a beautiful lady crosses his path.  She utters the magical word, "Portuguese", and this drives the professor to travel all the way from Bern to Lisbon.  No, he isn't searching for her.  This chance encounter with the Portuguese lady leads him to a bookstore where he gets enthralled by the words of Amadeu de Prado.   Raimund begins to question whether the life he has led all these years is his life as wants to continue till he dies.  

I shall write more about it once I've completed reading it.

Cheers!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com